Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sex God By Rob Bell





Sex God
Exploring The Endless Connections Between Sexuality and Spirituality
Rob Bell

I must admit that I was a little concerned about reading this book. Having survived the preacher’s sermon about SEX the most notable was titled the elephant in the bedroom. It was the Sunday that I would have skipped if I’d only known. The sermon was very good and very well handled without being too heavy handed but still. It was those same feelings that keep from picking up this book at first but what a mistake that would have been. I enjoyed this book so much that I have it in two formats, audio and e-book. After listening to in my car I had to have a copy of it that I could reference to in the written format. For those that enjoy audio this is a great way to enjoy the book because it is read by the author and pastor Rob Bell. So at times you feel as though you are listening to sermon on Sunday morning. Not the kind that would make you uncomfortable or awkward.
When we talk about sex we must in turn talk about where we come from and who created us which of course leads us to God. Also we need to reflect on how we treat others because this reflects our view of the creator. As we dehumanize others we are doing the same to ourselves. There is also the need to be aware that God often gives us not what we want but what we need. It may be something as simple lipstick, but it will be something that we need. Even more reason that we must learn to become what God has intended us to be and he will help us to do that.
This is a book that challenges the perspective of the world. While it enlightens us to how God views us and our sexuality.

No comments: